Wednesday, December 17, 2008

set on sights above

2008 is coming to an end and unfortunately I have not accomplished everything I set out to achieve on January 1, 2008. The grades I should have made I didn't make. Money that should have been put into saving was blown on frivolous treasures that moths and rust will soon destroy. My spiritual discipline did not reach its full potential. The year is deteriorating and I feel like I didn't give it my all. However, I will persevere. It would be so easy to just accept that since I fell short of my goals this year, there is no reason to put forth any effort to achieve anything next year, or even in years to come. Thankfully, I know that would be absurd. I'm taking my laziness I exhibited in '08, and am transforming into motivation to achieve goals above and beyond my potential in 2009.

Going into 2009, I have recently realized that the year signifies my 22nd year of existence as well as my second semester of my Junior year. I am growing faster that I thought. This recent ponder is making me set my sights on my future. I will be graduating before I know it. To date, I've been in college for 5 semesters (2 1/2 years). Having fun is no longer an option for me. I've had all the fun I need to have for the rest of my college career. It's time for me to really buckle down and be all about my grades. I'm done with UNT events, hanging out til 2am and beyond, and skipping class just because. Next semester will be filled with school, work, and studying. In no way do I want to be in college any longer that I'm already mandated to be. The only way I will be able to get my grades where they need to be, is to cut out all distractions that interfere with my focus. As man that is a month a way from being 22, I need to step it up and get me right.

This weekend is going to be a blast! I'll be reunited with my old youth paster and old high school friends. Christmas breaks brings about so much amazing events and times for reminicing and enjoy the company of others. I will not work at all next week because I will be back in Louisiana. Another joyous blessed week spent with those I love the most.

every male needs to take heed to this verse:

"When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man I put away my childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:1

With Purpose,

dev

No comments: