Tuesday, April 07, 2009

on my grind

Right in front of my eyes, this semester is flying by. There's about a month left in the semester until summer vacation; words can't paint the picture enough of how elated I am for summer. I am at my happiest when summer is in season. I look forward to spending ample time on the lakes of Texas, tubing, jet skiing, and taking in the sun rays. However, my entire summer won't be spent on the water. A good chunk of each day, I will be sitting in a classroom because I'm taking 12hrs of summer school. If I do not want to be a year behind this is what I have to do.

So, Last week I started working at the new Red Lobster in Denton. I'm experiencing so much joy working in a restaurant, again. I thrive so much when I am just constantly interacting with people. Red Lobster really values their employees, as well. There's so many benefits provided for employees and ways for advancement. I work with some pretty cool people, too. Surprisingly, I knew none of my employees prior to working there. Currently, we're emensley overstaffed. Even guests comment on how many employees we have on the floor saying, "y'all have more employees than tables," haha. Yet, I'm happy and blessed to be serving and having cash flow. Right now, I just work on the weekends because I'm concurrently working at the Gateway and of course, school.

Due to my family situation, I am forced to be on my grind like this. I do not have parents, grandparents, or any other family members I can go to for help with my finances. However, God has blessed with a job that provides free rent, as well as a weekend job so I can have cash flow. I just need to get better at managing and budgeting my money so that my money is able to grow. I'm focusing a lot on staying positive and keeping positive people surrounding me. With Christ I know I will have great success.

To my fellow Dentonites: If you're afford to treat yourself this weekend, I suggest you do so at the new Red Lobster off of I-35, next to Olive Garden.

With Purpose,

[dev]in

No comments: