Wednesday, April 29, 2009

decisions, decisions, decisions...

"What we do in life [[((echoes))]] in eternity."
There's not a millisecond that goes by without an individual having to make a decision. From whether not one should wear their Express V-neck or Ralph Lauren polo, or if one should move to Florida after graduating from college, a decision is made everyday. Some decisions are not as life changing as others, yet I do believe that we are affected in some fashion by every decision. Recently, I've been traveling on a roller coaster of decision making. These college years are crucial years in my lifetime in which making the wrong decision could be detrimental to my future. Last week, I almost made the wrong decision for my future that would not have helped me in the long run. It's so important that we know who we are and who we want to be so we don't make a decision that we think is right for us, and it ends up being the wrong one. For a second, I had forgotten who I was. Just because I fit in with a certain group does not necessarily mean I share the character and personality of that group. Thank God, my Savior revealed to me that I was trying to be someone I wasn't by saying yes to that decision, and helped me realize making that decision would not be best for me.

At 22, I feel like I'm forming into the person that I'm going to be for the rest of my life. As I encounter every situation and experience, I grow; I learn. I'm maturing and gaining ample "street smarts." I praise my Lord for all the times and heartache that I have faced. There's not one experience that has not taught me something. After this semester is over, I will have 3 semester left in my undergraduate career. I'll be done with college life and off to be a 23 year old man living life outside the "Mean Green bubble." I want to encourage everyone to know who you are, be who you are, and make decisions that will benefit you and only you.

I'm more than ready for this semester to be over. I'm looking forward to the hot summer days hanging out at the lake, goofing around with friends, and taking full advantage of Summer '09, when I'm not working or in summer classes, haha! This week is going by seemingly fast. I'm completely focused during this home stretch toward the end of this semester. My plan is not skip any classes up until finals. This is the time where I bust my butt, study super hard, and dramatically change my grades for the better. Pray for perseverance, diligence, and discipline.


With Purpose,

[dev]in

No comments: